Save the date!
For over 75 years, the National Lawyers Guild has functioned as an effective force in the service of the people, to the end that human rights shall be regarded as more sacred than property interests. Our regional conference will bring together lawyers, legal workers, community leaders, and students from Detroit, MI to Buffalo, NY to learn about pressing legal issues in our region and to foster discussion about how to best use the law as an instrument for the protection of the people, rather than for their repression. Special emphasis will be placed on building local capacity to provide legal support during the upcoming Republican National Convention in Cleveland on July 18-21, 2016.
Current confirmed sessions include:
- Protestor Criminal Defense 101 (approved for 2.0 OH CLE & 2.0 PA CLE)
- Beyond the Green Hat: Issues Around Legal Support for RNC 2016
- Jail Support Training
- Union Political Speech After Citizens United: The UE’s Endorsement of the BDS Movement (approved for 1.25 OH CLE & 1.5 PA CLE)
- Police Power & Accountability: A Conversation on the State of the Cleveland Division of Police Before & After the Consent Decree (approved for 1.25 OH CLE & 1.5 PA CLE)
- Role of Radical Lawyers & Legal Workers in Radical Movements
- Roundtable with Organizations & Individuals Organizing Around 2016 RNC
Along with workshops, panels, and CLEs, we will also provide ample networking opportunities, meeting spaces, and trainings. Questions? Contact firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com. We look forward to seeing you in March!